Mabl is the intelligent test automation company that empowers high-velocity software development teams to integrate automated end-to-end testing into the entire development lifecycle. Mabl users benefit from a unified platform for easily creating, executing, and maintaining reliable tests that result in faster delivery of high quality applications. That’s why customer-centric brands like Splunk, NCR, jetBlue, Dollar Shave Club, Charles Schwab and many other enterprises rely on mabl for testing their business critical apps.
We’re proud to be recognized as one of Boston’s 2021 Best Places to Work and Best Paying Companies by Built In, the leading technology recruitment platform.
Why we need you:
mabl’s mission is to enable software teams to rapidly deliver high-quality products to their users through intelligent test automation. We're looking for an experienced and collaborative UX design lead to help us refine our product vision and evolve a rapidly scaling product. You’ll help lead and define the product experience across all our surfaces, partnering with product management and engineering to continue making comprehensive test coverage more accessible than ever.
This is a role for a creative individual with a discerning eye for detail and the determination to work through difficult problems and advocate for change. You’ll not only help lead the mabl experience but inspire and elevate the team to produce work that is always raising the bar and ensuring that we are the easiest solution for low-code test automation. Your work will directly contribute to our customers feeling delighted every time they use our product.
What you’ll do:
- Design user-centric, data-driven, and delightful experiences for users with a wide range of experience and skills (e.g. QA tester, automation engineer, developer)
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, prototypes, and visual design
- Work cross-functionally across the company with product and engineering partners, with significant contribution to product strategy, roadmap, and planning
- Establish a clear set of design principles and patterns that help the entire product team achieve better and more consistent user experiences
- Participate in user research and testing, including engaging with our Friends of mabl user community
- Break down design visions into incremental improvements that can be delivered smoothly with little disruption to the product team and our customers
- Help recruit, interview, and mentor new UX Designers, and actively improve our design hiring process
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You have experience adding functionality to an evolving SaaS product, working closely with product managers and engineers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- You are passionate about understanding and solving people’s problems with design work anchored in user research
- You are strong in visual and UI design and will help the team create new templates and design patterns as our product matures
- You have experience collaborating with diverse teams to deliver the best design possible
- You believe that direct user research, user feedback, and usage data are critical to the design process
- You have redesigned aspects of a product and rolled out large changes incrementally, and you understand how to balance a long-term vision with immediate business goals
- You have helped build high-performing teams and have experience mentoring other creatives
- You have excellent information presentation (visual and written) skills
UX at mabl:
The UX team is driven by mabl’s core values: drive, insight, support, and authenticity. Working closely with our users and product team, the UX team delivers insights to the entire mabl organization to champion user-centered design practices.
As a mission-centered company, we believe in a data-driven strategy to improve ease of use and scalability while continually enhancing the overall mabl test automation platform. The UX team conducts and coordinates user research activities, dives into challenging interaction and visual designs, and conducts usability tests to identify and address usability issues. Our test automation platform serves and empowers a diverse range of software teams and the UX team is on the frontlines of evaluating, understanding, and championing their experience as we grow our product.