Office Tour Photos
athenahealth is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Platform experience team in Watertown, MA. This energetic individual will help scale our identity and access management platform to the next level which currently serves a few millions of users.
The Team: The Platform organization at Athenahealth is looking for a new member for their Identity Services team. This team is focused on becoming the universal identity and access management provider for healthcare. The global login for all healthcare users and applications. Enable access across practices, EHRs, diverse health systems, and other health information data stores (e.g., fitbit or weight watchers). Serve users across the healthcare continuum, from patients and providers, to fitness coaches and billing coordinators.
- Ability to critique technical documentation as needed
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with RPR policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing
- Proactively Identifies and proposes new, alternative technology in order to create scalable implementations and achieve results
- Accurately estimate the size of development tasks in story points, challenge other during estimation
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Deploy systems to meet availability targets (HA/DR)
- Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices
- 8+ years of experience in an engineering role
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Significant software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Knowledge of modern programming languages such as: Java, Node, React, RESTful API, Perl
- Knowledge of security standards including: oAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML as well as healthcare standards like SMART on FHIR a plus
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL and various other DB technologies
- Experience with deploying and maintaining services in public cloud like AWS is a Plus
- Knowledge of microservices architecture, Okta is good to have
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few
More Jobs From