We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Be part of a groundbreaking company.
DraftKings is growing quickly and is looking for a Lead Software Engineer for the Payment Applications team in the Financial Platform Division. You'll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams working with a passionate group of engineers to build best-in-class, industry-leading deposit & withdrawal experiences for DraftKings users! You will also be a creative contributor to the entire Agile development lifecycle, from design and implementation to testing and monitoring. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Lead Software Engineer:
- Develop systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate user group every day.
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the mission of our platform.
- Foster a culture that promotes clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moments notice.
What skills you will use:
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java.
- Expertise with either React.JS, Angular, or TypeScript.
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server.
- You have experience as the expert on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.