We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Collector team within our Core Services Engineering organization. In Collector, we diligently manage our clients revenue cycle so that doctors can focus on what matters: patients. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are a developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space.
As an engineer on the athenaCollector Product team, you have the opportunity to work on product components and workflows used to ensure providers get paid, such as medical claim submission, revenue reporting, medical coding, patient account management, denials prevention and patient access.
You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: The US Healthcare system requires caregivers to not only care for their patients, but also bill claims, deal with regulatory change and report on the quality of their care to various agencies. At athenahealth, we believe that caregivers should only have to concentrate on their patients allowing them to provide the highest quality care. In the Claim and Invoice zone within Collector, we are focusing on taking on all billing work through a combination of automation and business process outsourcing freeing caregivers to spend more time and effort on their patients.
In the coming years, we will be expanding our existing services to new workstreams to further unburden our caregivers. As we scale both our current and our new services, we want to bring newer enterprise level technology to our system allowing for better automation and better outcomes for our clients. We anticipate rapid growth of both our business and our technology and are looking for strong engineers to come grow and learn with us.
- Lead, design and develop code on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate, mentor and advise team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge to act as a domain expert. Take ownership of what the team builds and coordinate efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- Ideally 5+ years of software engineering experience with significant product development expertise
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language; relational databases, with modern UI frameworks helpful
- We work in Agile TDD environments, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies is helpful
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.