Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Collector team within our Core Services Engineering organization. In Collector, we diligently manage our clients’ revenue cycle so that doctors can focus on what matters: patients. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space.
As an engineer on the athenaCollector Product team, you have the opportunity to work on product components and workflows used to ensure providers get paid, such as medical claim submission, revenue reporting, medical coding, patient account management, denials prevention and patient access.
You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: Your future team shepherds the financial health of our clients; working to ensure that in our increasingly complex healthcare landscape our providers are reimbursed appropriately. You will build enterprise quality web applications, with an eye towards stability. You will innovate as we modernize our technology stack, building the healthcare internet. You will nurture the financial health of our clients as we navigate the immense industry change around provider reimbursement over the next few years.
- Lead, design and develop code on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate, mentor and advise team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge to act as a domain expert. Take ownership of what the team builds and coordinate efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- Ideally 5+ years of software engineering experience with significant product development expertise
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language; relational databases, with modern UI frameworks helpful
- We work in Agile TDD environments, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies is helpful
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From