You will be leading a team of software developers, analyzing, designing, and developing cutting edge software in the Payment Accountability space. This hire will have significant technical expertise and ability to lead a team during design, development, testing, and debugging of complex software. The ideal candidate will be excited about working on new product development, is comfortable pushing the envelope and challenging the status quo, sets high standards for him/herself and the team, and works well with ambiguity. At a time of exciting growth, the team will begin to focus on areas of scalability including moving to include offshore development in the model.
What you will do:
- Actively collaborate with multiple stakeholders in an agile environment across the business.
- Mentoring & collaborating with team members, including working closely to establish and mentor an offshore team that will expand the scope the team’s capacity
- Build and facilitate framework of offshore development model with team management
- Work in an agile, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with short release cycles.
- Oversee peer code reviews and provide active guidance and direction on development.
- Ensure code optimization across all layers.
- Provide estimation and development against user story specifications.
- Actively provide coding support and documentation for one or more Burgess products.
- Provide recommendations on code strengthening and optimization.
- Participate in R&D projects and develop proof of concepts.
- Follow software development best practices.
- Write design documentation and perform code reviews.
- Communicate and present work to stakeholders.
- Contribute to platform level system architecture and design.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Experience leading offshore development teams
- Expert knowledge of C# and T-SQL.
- Solid understanding of web services and JSON.
- Database development experience using T-SQL and Entity Framework.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Understanding of enterprise integration patterns like SOA, micro-services, API integration, zero maintenance architecture.
- Good at understanding requirements, estimation.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations.
- Experience with Edi 837, ServiceStack, ElasticSearch, Redis.
- Prior Healthcare knowledge.
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.