Lead Software Developer
Lead Software Developer
Tech @ EF High School Exchange Year
Cambridge, MA, USA
EF High School Exchange Year is looking for a Lead Software Developer to join our fun, energetic and growing team. We are looking for someone who is excited about learning new technologies and applying the best of whats out there to constantly improve our systems. Enthusiasm and fantastic communication skills will make you an irresistible candidate!
How to coordinate thousands of high school aged students from around the world and match them with willing host parents in the US and abroad while finding schools that will accept and teach them. Also, managing the visa process, their parents and the flights necessary to make it all happen.
The Journey from Brownfield to Greenfield
As a Lead Software Developer, you will play crucial role in our journey to develop next generation of micro-services while maintaining some of the legacy systems. You would have a lot of freedom to make decisions about our tech-stack, systems, tools and patterns and are looking for a passionate candidate who thrives in a collaborative, cooperative environment.
The candidate would help lead this effort by developing softwaresolutions to the complex business problems surrounding the high school exchange process. You will be coordinating with UX experts, internal/external customers and Business Analysts to help solve these problems.
Some of existing tech-stack
- .NET 4.7, NET Core 2.x
- Azure with pinch of AWS
- NoSQL and Sql storage
- 7+ yrs experience developing web applications using the .Netstack (or demonstrable matching skills)
- SOLID understanding of C#, Entity, Web API, Authorization and Authentication Protocols (OAuth, SSO) and Object Oriented concepts
- A strong desire to learn new and current technologies and go outside your technical comfort zone
- Good team player, with a passion for collaboration, and an ability to articulate high-level concepts
- Experience with unit testing and the software principles (SOLID) that make it possible.
- Understanding and experience of Micro-services architecture.
- Experience with Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, AWS etc.
- Experience with web services, REST, WebAPI, GraphQl
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies
- Bonus points: experience with serverless architecture, event streams, Docker, Salesforce platform and TDD.
Lets talk about the Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally.
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year and four weeks after your first year.
- Opportunity to participate in our international staff exchange program after your first year.
- Free language classes, taught in-house.
- Free workout classes, taught in-house.
- A restaurant and bar right in the building.
- Discounts on travel.
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
EF High School Exchange Yearis associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
About EF Education First
Were 43,500 small. Were teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalitiesand counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check outhttp://careers.ef.comto learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.