We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the possibilities.
We're growing rapidly. As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us lead the SRE team to ensure DraftKings services run continuously and smoothly as we bring game-changing experiences to our users. DraftKings solves some of the most interesting challenges in the tech industry, and when you join our team, you'll have the opportunity to see your ideas and solutions directly impact our products.
What you will do as a Lead SRE:
- Lead our SRE team efforts across multiple projects
- Take ownership and contribute to decisions related to product deployment, monitoring, alerting, escalations, and mitigations.
- Create self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Chef, Terraform, and Docker.
- Define key metrics and SLAs around new web services being created to support our rapid traffic growth.
- Design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies to enforce application SLAs
- Create platform-as-a-service environments where entire subsets of our architecture can be created and destroyed cleanly and reliably.
- Regularly review processes, identify inefficiencies, and improve to reduce the manual efforts by automation.
- Provide guidelines and/or technical assistance to engineers.
- Also foster a continuous deployment ecosystem that will allow DraftKings to operate at a massive scale.
Skills you will use:
- 3+ years of experience with cloud environments and provisioning automation
- Deep understanding of common scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Experience working with at least one object-oriented language (Java, .C#, etc.)
- Working knowledge of networking and web concepts and ability to debug issues down to the packets.
- Experience leading engineering teams and guiding technology roadmaps
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Past experience in Incident Management and a 24x7 team managing large scale software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with distributed systems and the challenges with operating them as they scale.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines, familiarity with Bitbucket, Bamboo, and Octopus Deploy.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.