Lead the 3D World team that is developing the algorithms and tools to convert sensor data into the synthetic environment for our simulation system. Join a talented group of engineers and scientists using state of the art technologies to mine characteristic information from the data collected by our autonomous fleet of vehicles and generate 3D assets for use in the simulation system.
You will be responsible for organizing the work of the team and coordinating with customer teams on deliverables. You will build and drive an engineering vision that aligns your team with multiple dependency partners and the product vision.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team responsible for developing the algorithms and tools to convert sensor data into the synthetic environment for our simulation system.
- Develop processes and tools that can use sensor data (lidar+camera) to generate large-scale 3D virtual environments for a simulation platform, enabling realistic virtual tests of core autonomous driving systems.
- Be responsible for the professional growth of your team members.
- Build the team by hiring world class engineers as well as maintain the health of the existing team.
- Contribute to the long-term vision of the team and organization, working closely with other engineering leaders and product management.
- Leverage your experience in production software environments to build and deploy stable, reliable systems.
What we are looking for:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or relevant experience.
- 10+ years professional experience leading teams in software development for robotics systems or complex systems
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks using PyTorch/TensorFlow for at least one of the following applications: Object detection/classification, Image segmentation, Sensor fusion, Tracking, Multitask learning, Network compression, Reinforcement learning, Unsupervised learning.
- Fluency in Python or C++.
- Experience with (1) LiDAR point cloud data & software development or (2) camera image data & software development.
- Experience with 3D objects data formats and object creation pipelines.
- Experience with Linux work environment, software, and toolchains.
- Experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs, and developing efficient implementations
Bonus points (but not required):
- Experience working with simulation systems for robotics applications or automotive industry leading teams
- Mathematics behind robotics and sensor systems
- Unity game engine programming experience (C#)
- Safety certification knowledge (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
More Jobs From