The mission for the Lead Product Manager is to guide the Ellevation Flagship Product to become a significant driver of growth for Ellevation over the next three years. The right candidate will have deep experience with data-rich application development. This is a hands-on role where the PM will work towards a clear vision, drive strategy, and be accountable for the pace and quality of decisions across Flagship teams both as a player and a coach. As a player you are an individual contributor: you work on an agile product team to craft generative experiments, validate ideas, and iterate to deliver best-in-class user experiences that our customers love. As a coach you are a leader and a teacher: you work closely with your reports to advise and guide them on their work and career paths.
- Define a Product Strategy that will contribute to multi-year growth targets while delivering significant incremental value to customers to help drive important SaaS Metrics (ARR, COGS, Gross-Margin)
- Partner with Engineering and Design Leaders to drive a transformation of our Flagship Product so that we can respond faster to market changes, partner with customers more closely, and take advantage of potential growth opportunities
- Establish and maintain trust between Flagship Teams and important stakeholders within Revenue, and Customer Success. These relationships are key to creating long term value for Ellevation by ensuring our customers are successful.
- Uplevel the Flagship Product Organization by both coaching and leading future recruiting for Flagship Product roles. You will work closely to grow the capacity of the existing team through coaching and also source, hire, and onboard additional top-end talent.
- At times you will work as an individual contributor to define and drive outcomes against Flagship objectives. Be accountable for learning objectives and results driving discovery and delivery of product solutions that delight our customers and add value to the business.
Impact & Timeline:
- 1 month - Learn about the key challenges and strategic contexts facing Ellevation with a particular eye on the Flagship Product and related teams. Build relationships with key collaborators and stakeholders.
- 3 months - Begin to shape and drive strategic decisions for Flagship teams, working alongside Engineering and Design Leaders to set ambitious objectives and key results, coach agile discovery and oversee delivery of high-impact product solutions. Take on direct reports and build rapport.
- 6 months - Build capacity of the team by working closely with your direct reports and influencing engineers and designers.
- 12 months - Achieve key outcomes against the transformation of Flagship to ensure Ellevation is in a position to build towards 30%+ growth in 2022 and 2023.
- Influence - You are able to lead without authority, inspiring others with ideas.
- Efficiency - You are able to budget your time and your teams time in an efficient, productive manner, focusing on the most impactful priorities at any given time.
- Accountability & Persistence - In service of achieving key outcomes, you forge your own path, embrace new obstacles as challenges, make important pivots, or advocate for why staying the course is important.
- Communication - You acknowledge that as a Product Manager, many people are looking to you for information, updates, decisions, and insights. You embrace the communication expectations for the role and work to find effective ways to share your message.
- Ability to Develop People - coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepares them for future roles.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas - often solicit feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Collaborative - To succeed as a company and make an impact for our customers, all the teams at Ellevation work together. You know that you cannot win on your own; youre open to working with others along the way as a leader and a contributor.
- Change Ready - As a small business with ambitious goals, we are always refining how we work, how we organize ourselves into teams, what we prioritize, etc. You are ready for the changes as they come, and embrace them as opportunities.
- Experimental & Curious - We love to test ideas, learn quickly, fail fast, and iterate. You pursue this with excitement, and expect to share learnings, insight, and results - both positive and negative
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stones throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as Best Tech Workplace for Diversity from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but theres more work to be done.