Lead Product Designer
Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellists outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
The Lead Product Designer will be responsible for successful research, design, and utilization of our software products. This includes retaining and delighting our diverse user populations; creating efficiency and opportunities for excellence through our internal tools; and driving demonstrable success with our provider partners. The successful candidate will be accountable for translating our incredible vision into beautiful, compelling, and effective applications, and integrating design best practices with an agile product delivery team with plenty of research.
We are looking for candidates with considerable expertise to own the UX function at Wellist. This is a senior individual contributor role with the expectation to lead as the team grows, and as we use external resources.
- Domain expert: Able to quickly and deeply understand our business model, appropriately filter ideas for feasibility/risk/return, and show ability to independently drive consensus on high-impact product decisions
- Expert in a wide range of research and design tools and techniques - from rapid prototyping to high-fidelity concept pieces and adept at when to use each
- Have a strong grasp of Lean UX practices and a personal philosophy on what works, what doesnt, and why
- Effective in a continuous delivery, agile product development environment; able to both feed the backlog and product roadmap, and support the scrum team
- Can take oneself out of the research and design process, when appropriate, to better hear and understand client and user needs
- Confident in initiating and coordinating light-weight user review and dialog to test concepts early and often, especially outside the office
- Comfortable sourcing, vetting, and working with visual design contractors both in the design process and the production product
- Be the founder of UX and user-centered design practices at Wellist; comfortable advocating and mentoring in equal parts
- Build and maintain the living product design guide, in close collaboration with Marketing, Product, and Engineering
- Excellent time management, presentation, and listening skills
Wellist Culture Competencies:
- Refreshing: Brings upbeat can-do attitude and creative new ideas to help make life easier for our users, customers, partners and colleagues
- Empathetic: Understands others experiences and emotions. Acts with kindness, compassion and respect
- Empowering: Takes accountability for helping others succeed. Coaches and develops others at all levels of the organization
- Trustworthy: Does what is right. Speaks truthfully and acts with integrity. Follows through on commitments
- Adaptable:Flexible. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Opportunities for growth, professional development, leadership and management experience
- Medical, dental, vision, and other benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity opportunity
- An environment that encourages giving back to the community as a team and as an individual
- A leadership team committed to your personal and professional growth
- A generous PTO policy
- Also: bagel Wednesdays, office dogs, team off-sites, a fully-stocked fridge, and tater-tot themed holiday parties