Lead Product Designer
We are looking for a veteran product designer to join our UX team within to join our Experience Design team supporting our cloud-based medical billing service. Your job will be to work closely with a multi-disciplinary R&D team to define, design and test product and digital service features with the goal of improving the information architecture and workflow of our client onboarding & configuration tools. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are a talented, innovative, curious, and strategic designer, motivated to make a difference in healthcare. You want to help us break through all the administrative red tape that bogs down healthcare practices and hospitals from achieving maximum clinical and financial performance.
The Team: Our team is taking a service design approach to revamp the process and tools that enable our clients to onboard quickly and with minimal disruption to their business. Coordinating closely with client-facing teams who support this process, we conduct research and validate hypotheses & concepts with our clients
- Build a deep understanding of healthcare workflows by planning and executing user, client, and domain research.
- Identify and frame user-centered problems effectively
- Plan and facilitate problem identification and solutioning workshops
- Draft UX workflows that can guide detailed Agile design and development
- Rapidly create low-to high-fidelity prototypes to communicate concepts and ideas to users, product teams and engineering
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams throughout the agile planning, design and development process to deliver released product that meets design intent
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in UX design (Consulting experience for B2B software/SaaS preferred)
- Experience facilitating, summarizing and acting on takeaways from user research
- Solid information architecture, workflow design, and interaction design techniques
- Outstanding storytelling & persuasive writing skills
- Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), tuition reimbursement, collaborative work spaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.