DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. Its simple, at DraftKings, we believe lifes more fun with skin in the game. For that reason, were committed to responsibly creating the worlds favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are growing our dynamic team in Boston, MA. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that dont have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
The strategy behind the game.
Were growing rapidly and are searching for a Lead Problem Manager to support our Problem Management team. When you join us, you will play a vital role in tracking production incidents, reporting production incident trends to engineering leadership, and developing best practices for the engineering team. This is a collaborative role with a high level of autonomy and as a leader within the team, you will help deliver complex problems while serving as a domain expert on monitoring and alerting practices. Sound good to you? Join us.
What youll do as a Lead Problem Manager:
- Help to continuously define and improve the Incident Response Process for DraftKings Engineering.
- Continuously monitor and update the roadmap priorities with management.
- Identify areas where standardization of process will aid incident response.
- Lead and deliver on complex projects with a high level of autonomy.
- Ensure standards are maintained within the engineering organization.
- Communicate with stakeholders as necessary about status, resolution, and success criteria for incidents.
- Identify inefficiencies in team processes and create plans to address them.
- Record and document all timelines, action items, and resources required for incidents.
- Facilitate the Root Cause Analysis process and ensure the investigation identifies the correct action items to prevent recurrence.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have at least 5 years of relevant problem management experience.
- You are analytical by nature and have the ability to solve complex problems with information technology software and hardware.
- High level of organization to maintain incident logs and process incident reports for review with management.
- Ability to translate high-level objectives into tactical tasks that can be executed upon.
- Familiarity with PagerDuty and Atlassian a plus.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.