Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
The 3D Materials team is a rapidly growing and changing division within Wayfair that is revolutionizing how models are created. This group is working on highly visible projects which drive innovation and market competitiveness daily for Wayfair. Our teams ability to quickly create high quality photo realistic materials is a core differentiator for our company.
We are looking for a Lead Lookdev Artist to achieve our goals of producing high quality photo realistic materials at scale. This individual will be responsible for the creation of materials, manage and train a team of ~10 artists to operate at the same quality bar, and assist in finding ways to optimize our pipeline. As part of our materials team, youll work closely with our modeling and lighting departments. We are seeking someone who will motivate and inspire our artists to produce great materials. This is a collaborative effort and requires you to absorb feedback from your peers to produce the best possible result. All materials created will support the workflow requirements to aid the smooth running of production so its important you have the ability to create and design look development that is simple, elegant and easy to pass onto peers. Someone who will conceptualize and execute on process and technical workflows, specifically related to photo realism and imagery outputs.
This artist will be critical to the teams ability to scale and evolve with the business needs, as well as provide guidance to managers and key stakeholders. Successful applicants will be highly-driven, comfortable with constant change, and will be able to rigorously prioritize work as business needs evolve.
What You'll Do:
- Manage material creation workflows and improve material building techniques to meet business expectations and continually push the bar on photorealism.
- Collaborate with various departments to develop standards and implement best practices to quickly output high quality materials.
- Help create, maintain and optimize material templates.
- Identify, manage, mentor and develop talent.
What You'll Need:
- Strong LookDev skills (both artistically and technically), with an excellent understanding of physically based shading & rendering. Vray preferred, 3ds Max knowledge is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Substance Designer creating procedural material templates.
- Knowledge of applicable software packages including Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Vray, Mudbox, and ZBrush.
- High skill level of shader creation including wood, metal, glass, plastics, fabrics, organics like plants, wicker, etc.
- 2+ years working as a lookdev artist with 5+ years working in the 3D Industry and management experience.
- Ability to mentor teams work, including setting training and thinking outside of the box for unconventional solutions to large scale challenges.
- Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams.
- Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet tight deadlines with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
More Jobs From