Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Developer Experience team is hiring a Lead Front End Engineer. The DevX team plays a key role for CarGurus to operate at scale and improve developer efficiency. We are constantly modernizing our technology platform and are looking to define key architectural capabilities, and guide development teams on their successful implementation. We own most of the core infrastructure that enables teams to build UIs.
What You'll Do:
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and technical leadership to the team, with the possibility of managing a team in the future
- Offer significant strategic vision to scale our UI stack and improve the developer experience
- Collaborate with engineers and managers across the organization to understand and solve technical challenges
- Contribute to roadmap definition
- Drive projects and initiatives through the full development lifecycle
- Write clean, well-tested, and efficient code
- Continuously assess and evolve technology and core components
- Ensure security, accessibility, and privacy concerns are handled.
Who You Are:
- Proficient at developing well-structured, performant web applications with component-based architectures
- Knowledge of security and data concerns such as privacy, data integrity, etc.
- Experience with containerization and cloud environments.
- Understanding of REST, JSON, API design and microservices.
- Skilled in common UX patterns, accessibility, and cross-browser, cross-device implementations.
- Fundamental understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.