We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Lead Development Operations Engineer to join our team and play a lead role in defining and designing of healthcare specific talent management solutions.
Additional Selling Points:
- Opportunity to Build: Bring your creativity to our table! We aren’t just looking for innovative thinkers – we want to see you execute those ideas, too. Watching your idea come to life is a rewarding experience!
- Entrepreneurial Culture: You will be working with professionals that value innovative market approaches and strong critical thinking abilities.
- Professional Development: Take advantage of the opportunity to attend conferences, meet-ups, and formal training that will elevate your technical knowledge.
Reporting directly to our Director of Cloud Operations, this position will work out of our Woburn, MA location.
As a Lead Development Operations Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of software engineers who design, develop and build automation and tooling to support our SDLC and common release pattern for our suite for products
- Define, evolve, and drive the adoption of DevOps practices and principles across the Product Delivery organization
- Keeps up to date with new technologies and identify, evaluate, and recommend creative solutions and opportunities to enable and empower teams with tooling and automation
- Identify technical and process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards, and socialize/advocate to get them implemented
- Work collaboratively with Technical Operations, IT, Development, QA, Product and Platform teams to analyze and design infrastructure and solutions supporting 99.99% production application uptime
- Triage and help provide technical solutions to environment related issues encountered with new and existing applications in the environment
- Work with Product teams on the value, cost and prioritization of ops-related activities, tools, and stories
- Support developers with architectural design, change requests, uptime, security, performance related issues, and build/maintain of environments.
- Application management for multiple technology platforms (LAMP, .NET, MSSQL, Ruby, etc.)
- Documentation of work regarding systems analysis, application monitoring, and common task reporting
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes
- Assist in establishing and implementing configuration management program and policies
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments
Development experience is a must for this role! We’re not looking for someone who has written a few scripts - we need someone who loves to code, but also understands the system side as well.
- Expert knowledge and experience with CI/CD practices and pipelines (i.e. Git/BitBucket, TeamCity)
- Experience managing and working with infrastructure and platform tools (AWS, Azure, & VMWare in hybrid cloud environments
- Strong understanding working in a modern API first and microservices architecture as well as with legacy/monolithic systems
- Experience with configuration management tools and infrastructure as code
- Extensive experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience working with multiple technology platforms
- Strong understanding of hosted solutions
- Familiarity with deploying and configuring hosted applications
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools
- Strong background in networking, load balancing, and firewalls
- Solid background in systems engineering and hosting operations
- Database querying and administration experience
- Strong OOP experienceExperience with infrastructure automation and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- A working understanding of SQL and PostgreSQL (other database technologies are a plus)
HealthcareSource® is the only comprehensive talent management suite designed specifically to support the healthcare talent ecosystem. Our software, services, content, and analytics enable more than 3,500 healthcare organizations, senior care providers, and staffing agencies, spanning over 6,000 locations, to ensure quality patient and client care by recruiting, retaining, and developing quality talent. HealthcareSource and its award-winning healthcare talent management solutions have been recognized by industry analysts and trade groups.
HealthcareSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or veteran status.
More Jobs From