Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Lead Designer to join the Medications Management team within our Clinicals division. Your job will be to thoughtfully contribute to our award-winning electronic health record and physician practice management products by leading UX on a multi-disciplinary scrum team. You will define, research, design, and test product features with the goal of improving the ability of clinicians to do their jobs well.
The Team: The Medication Management team within our Clinicals Product builds tools that empower providers to make informed, personalized clinical treatment decisions in partnership with each patient. The team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the system that sends over 17 million prescription messages each month, provides information about patients medications, and enables vaccine administration. This is one of the key pieces of functionality in our Clinicals product, and were working to turn a complex and sometimes cumbersome process into a more intuitive, satisfying, and empowering experience for our users. But enough about us, lets talk about you.
A successful candidate will be a champion for our users and will embrace the challenge of solving complex problems in order to ease the burden on humans in healthcare. They will develop a clear point of view about UX decisions and tradeoffs in collaboration with the product and engineering leads on their team. They will work together with those cross-functional partners to plan out UX work for each release, research problems and opportunities, create prototypes and detailed designs, and gather feedback on their work. A successful candidate will be able to function both independently making well-informed design decisions on their own and in collaboration with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, and other disciplines.
- Conduct primary and secondary research efforts
- Design scalable, web-based product experiences
- Produce detailed designs and specifications for team projects
- Identify opportunities for improvement in existing products
- Make tradeoffs and decisions about project scope, design strategy, and implementation
- Seek out and incorporate feedback from users and cross-functional teams
- Promote and demonstrate design best practices for product owners, engineers, and more junior design collaborators
- Proactively seek out and foster relationships and connections across scrum teams to support cohesion and consistency throughout the users experience
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Experience solving highly complex problems for users
- Self-directed and comfortable making decisions without perfect information
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of the US healthcare space
- Interest in or experience working with agile/scrum teams
- Ability to articulate your rationale for design decisions
- Portfolio demonstrating good taste, great interaction design skills, and attention to detail
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to drive decision-making
- Experience with best practice agile software development and lean UX principles a plus
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From