Lead Data Scientist
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Pluralsight’s Iris is the persona that represents the intelligence driving our learning. She helps technologists worldwide discover the learning they need to achieve their personal and career goals in technology. As leader on our Data Science team, you will have the opportunity to bring your technical skill, domain expertise, and leadership skills together to drive data science innovation at Pluralsight.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist who loves leading the way in tackling ambiguous problems, finding creative and practical solutions, and producing concrete prototypes that will become a key part of Pluralsight’s user experience. You will work closely with product, engineering, and data science to coordinate the successful delivery and iterative improvement of machine learning algorithms and statistical models.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate and work closely with Engineering and Product team members, including engineers, product managers, and designers, to research, envision and create quality reliable data science products.
- Champion the introduction of new technology by developing proof-of-concepts and prototypes and effectively communicating highly complex information to Experience team partners and leadership.
- Lead the research and development of machine learning algorithms, quantitative methods, and data science solutions in alignment with product roadmap.
- Coordinate the delivery of algorithms, statistical models, and data science products and research.
- Lead on projects, and oversee work of junior data scientists as needed.
- Serve as hands on technical contributor, developing algorithms, and performing analysis to solve complex problems utilizing advances statistical techniques, mathematical analysis, and/or machine learning techniques.
- Provide mentoring to teammates on best practices, methodology, and problem solving.
Who you are:
You are intellectually curious, collaborative, and highly driven with entrepreneurial mindset. You have excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills, and the ability to serve as an “analytic translator.” You can lead complex projects from ideation and planning to model design to deployment
You have the ability to contribute to the technical development of data science and machine learning solutions, as demonstrated by the following skills and knowledge:
Experience you’ll need:
- M.S. or Ph.D in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Computational Finance, Economics or other relevant quantitative discipline.
- Minimum 5 years in data science role, preferably as part of a team of data scientists. Experience in a lead role desirable.
- Experience working with product development teams and/or with developers
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.