About the Role:
As a Lead Data Scientist at Applecart, you will have the opportunity to lead data scientists across two high velocity product lines that leverage both prediction and recommendation systems to deliver value to our clients and consumers.
This role is part individual contributor, part manager where you’re responsible for designing and implementing production-grade data products, while leading and mentoring a team of 3+ data scientists. Your work will inform both the advertising outcomes for our enterprise clients, as well as, the experience of the consumers and success of the brands on our marketplace.
- 5+ years of professional data science experience
- Expertise building data products from scratch
- Proven track record leading multiple mid-level data scientists (with 2+ years experience), providing technical guidance and modeling best practices in engineering
- Expert knowledge with recommendation systems and supervised learning
- Superior ability to write high quality code (OOP, unit tests, decorators etc)
- Experience developing, monitoring and maintaining consumer facing data products
- Ability to prototype quickly with close-to-production quality code
- Skilled in communicating highly technical content to a nontechnical audience
- Expert in Python, knowledge of major machine learning tools (Scikit Learn, Recommendation Systems, Tensorflow etc), Version Control, PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy or equivalent technologies
- Previous experience building large data science products from scratch and maintaining through the entire software development lifecycle at a growth-stage startup
- Startup experience (or equivalent ability to deliver despite ambiguous requirements)