As a data engineer in Zipcar’s data engineering team, your mission is to build real-time and offline solutions to make data accessible and reliable while leveraging the largest-scale data processing technologies in the world -- and then apply them to the Zipcar's most critical and fundamental data problems.
What you will do:
- Build and own mission critical data pipelines that power Zipcar’s business
- Develop solutions in bleeding-edge data technologies on AWS eco-system
- Partner with architects and data analysts to make the best technology decisions
- Create and maintain data models, data catalogs, and data security
- Mentor team members and assist them in developing, testing and deploying software
What you’ll love about being a Zipster in Engineering:
- You’ll get to come to work every day knowing that you’re contributing to the success of the world’s leading car sharing network
- You'll be joining a collaborative, diverse, passionate team of Zipsters
- You’ll get to work in a flexible work environment that is innovative and resourceful
- At Zipcar, we encourage new tools and ideas- your opinion always matters!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience with data engineering or data warehousing, or an equivalent data-oriented software engineering background
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL, optimizing queries and tuning database performance
- 3+ years’ experience with key AWS technologies (Redshift, S3, IAM; also Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Spark, Hive)
- 3+ years’ experience with ETL technologies (e.g. Talend, Informatica, Matillion)
- 4+ years’ experience with Java, Python, Scala and other programming languages
- Experience with dbt and Airflow a strong plus
- Familiarity with data analysis and data science tools (Looker, Jupyter, R) is a plus
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Zipcar is the world’s leading car-sharing network, found in urban areas and university campuses in more than 500 cities and towns. Our team is smart, creative and fun, and we’re driven by a mission – to enable simple and responsible urban living.
Being a Zipcar member gives you easy access to a car nearby without all the cost and hassle of owning one. Founded in 2000, Zipcar disrupted – or innovated – the traditional model of car ownership and independent studies show that Zipcar’s model of car sharing is proven to reduce vehicle ownership, freeing up more city space for people. Zipcar provides members with socially responsible, sustainable mobility options that support the global environment, their communities and city livability.
Zipcar is a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: CAR), a leading global provider of mobility solutions. For more information, visit: www.zipcar.com.
The extra mile:
We encourage Zipsters to bring their whole selves to work - unique perspectives, personal experiences, backgrounds, and however they identify. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V.
More Jobs From