Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer
Framingham, MA orProvidence, RI
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulses takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulses solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 8+ Years of Experience in Design, Development and Implementation Data Integration Solutions.
- 5+years of experience of using ETL Tools (like Pentaho, Informatica, SSIS , etc.)
- 5+ years of expert level experience with Databases and strong understanding of ETL tools
- 5+ years on designing and developing Operational Data Store, Data Warehouse and various files integration.
- 5+ years of experience with at least one non-relational database (Vertica, MongoDB, Cassandra,etc.) and relational database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, oracle, etc).
- 3+ years on AWS and data streaming ( SQS/SNS, Kinesis, EMR, S3, Kafka, Redshift, RDS,etc.,)
- 3+ years of leading Data Integration teams building and supporting EDW and outbound data extracts.
- 5+ years on an agile develop team
- Experience with Jira and Git
- Experience with an designing, developing ETL framework (SSIS,Pentaho, Python,etc.)
- BS or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Must love theimportanceOxford comma, perfectspelling, and understand why we love it!
What makes you stand out.
- Design and develop ETL solutions using AWS technologies.
- Use Python to create clean, extensible code.
- Strong understanding of Data Integration architecture and ability to keep up with evolving technologies.
- Design and implement performance relational database schemas
- Design and implement data warehouse schemas for big data
- Stream ETL data between file and databases
- Eat, breath, and think agile
- Embrace the full lifecycle of product development from inception to continual support
Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised.Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.