Our Mission Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in todays software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
The Data Architect is an expert in the field and serves as the lead architect for all primary aspects of data architecture within engineering. The Data Architect will help lead the architecture and design of the Veracode platform and product suite, focusing on data models and non-functional requirements. In this role you will interface with engineering teams, product management, and business units to define and deliver robust, scalable and agile architectures, focusing on the data needs of the products, both analytic and transactional. This will include domain modelling (i.e. Domain Driven Design); database and data model refactoring; efforts to break apart monolithic transactional systems; data extraction, transformation and loading; and big data technologies and processes in support of analytics and machine learning. This role will be key to helping define a forward-looking data strategy that will ensure the scalability and longevity of Veracodes platform, and enabling rich insights to our customers, based on the massive data warehouse accumulated over 15 years of software security scanning.
The Data Architect has a track record of significant industry achievement, possesses deep knowledge of data and systems architecture, and has demonstrable experience addressing the data refactoring of massive monolithic legacy systems. The Architect also demonstrates significant experience in the Big Data domain, including ETL/ELT, data pipelines, Analytics/Reporting and making data operationally available at scale. Lastly, the Architect clearly demonstrates strategic thinking and vision, excellent coalition building skills, solid technical knowledge up and down the stack, and outstanding communication skills.
- 10+ years professional experience in data-focused software engineering and architecture;
- Demonstrated achievement in areas of data architecture ;
- Demonstrated experience scaling, decomposing and refactoring large transactional monolithic systems and databases;
- Experience with cloud-native design patterns and trechnologies, such as microservices, synchronous and asynchronous communications, event driven architecture and event sourcing patterns;
- Deep knowledge of frameworks and methodologies for working with large data sets, such as HADOOP, Apache Spark, and NoSQL databases;
- Deep knowledge of architectures and technologies for ingestion, transformation, indexing, and tracking large data streams from disparate sources and formats;
- Experience working with data and data systems in highly regulated environments;
- Knowledge and experience with data brokering and provenance;
- Experience with machine learning architectures and technologies, and designing systems that transform machine learning insights into production ready decisioning capabilities;
- Vendor assessment and choice;
- Agile methods and practices, including scaled agile frameworks;
- Success persuading and influencing senior stakeholders on vendor choice and technical roadmaps; and
- A proven track record of driving effective, secure and scalable architectures into production through leadership and collaboration.
- Help to establish the long-term technical strategy for all aspects of data in the Veracode platform, products, and analytics systems;
- Make significant contribution to the design and architecture of our data systems and platform and the patterns implemented within it;
- Own design responsibilities for complex data-oriented features;
- Provide deep domain knowledge on the technical domain and a range of technologies within that technical area;
- Drive the creation of technical roadmaps and vision for the technology platform, in alignment with product vision, while working with Product Management to ensure that larger-scale feature roadmaps are aligned with the technical vision and roadmap;
- Build and nurture an effective architecture community of practice, and drive the definition of design principles and best practices across the technical platform;
- Mentor and manage technical architects;
- Guide and develop communication strategies for persuading executive stakeholders and driving adoption of architectural patterns and technology roadmaps;
- Support vendor management activities with key vendors such as cloud providers, and drive early adoption activities and vendor technology roadmap discussions;
- Management the relationship between Enterprise Architecture and Aetna Digital for services related to the technical domain;
- Facilitate technical training and learning opportunities for architects and engineers within the technical domain.
Level of Complexity
Works on broad and complex issues that impact long-term architecture and future products/services. The go-to person for some of our most difficult technical challenges. Develops formal networks with key decision makers both within and outside the architecture team, and serves as a spokesperson for data architecture across the company.
Other Critical Competencies
- Mastery Technical Acumen
- Mastery Problem Solving Skills
- Mastery Adaptability/Flexibility
- Proficient Communication & Presentation Skills
- Mastery Interpersonal Skills
- Proficient Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Mastery Creativity and Innovation
- Mastery Systems and Process Management
- Mastery Results Focus
- Proficient Leadership Impact
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
More About Working at Veracode:
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracodes SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether thats software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode youll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package all while pushing the boundaries of whats possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracodes fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidates race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
More Jobs From