Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and growing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class fintech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind. Forward Financing strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion so that each employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work.
As a Lead Data Analyst, you will play an important role in harnessing the Companys data to provide valuable insights that will be used to enhance operations and business results across all groups. You will report to the Senior Manager of Analytics.
In this role you will:
- Develop expertise in maintaining and navigating the Companys internal databases (including Salesforce).
- Partner with various Departments: execute all phases of strategic data projects and provide actionable insights.
- Develop Tableau dashboards, and assist with the administration of our Tableau Online environment.
- Leverage our modern data stack (Snowflake + Fivetran + DBT) for analysis and reporting.
- Assist in optimizing all processes related to the Companys data; this includes the collection, assessment, management, analysis and presentation of data in a way that adds strategic value to the organization.
- Assist with expanding the Companys data science efforts.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics role
- Ability to perform complex joins and transformations of data using SQL
- Extensive experience building data visualizations with Tableau
- Strong project management skills: proven ability to understand business problems, develop effective solutions and communicate results
- Strong leadership skills: proven ability to mentor and train other data analysts
- Strong knowledge of Excel (vlookup, index/match, pivot tables, calculations)
- Bonus: Experience using DBT and Git
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing We act with integrity and we dont cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive We are optimistic, assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. With a simple online application, business owners can trust that Forward Financing works to get them approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1 billion in financing to more than 26,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Forward Financing has been consistently named by Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We are committed to creating a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By embracing diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, gym reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent busy with a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, getting overly competitive in a trivia game, or celebrating our team wins together!