We are looking for an experienced, strategic and highly creative Lead Copywriter; someone who has a knack for adopting and internalizing the personality and tone of a brand and consistently representing it in all written aspects. This person should have experience in writing copy for digital spaces, but have a breadth of experience spanning print advertising to email marketing, e.g. short form to longer-form.
The lead copywriter should be well tuned into how brands today use language and tone to bring their personality to life and connect with consumers. This person should be a combination of a great creative storyteller and technical writer, having command of English (American) grammar and punctuation.
We’re looking for someone who wants to make a big impact and play a pivotal role in shaping the personality, tone and voice of Zipcar. As the lead copywriter, you’ll be part of the Brand Creative team, and an integral part of generating and executing breakthrough, high-impact work. We value a great sense of humor, bold creativity, strategic (yet quick) thinking, strong work ethic, and a collaborative attitude. The role sits within the Brand Creative team and reports to the Director of Brand and Communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead copy direction and execution for all consumer-facing communications and assets
- Own and direct the brand voice and be a checkpoint for all consumer-facing communications, ensuring consistency in all assets
- In collaboration with the design team, brand management and other key stakeholders, develops storytelling across all consumer touchpoints with our target consumer in mind
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and agency partners to concept, execute and deliver seasonal marketing campaigns and assets
- Communicates and presents strategic concepts to management and senior leadership
- Assist and support PR, social, sales and corporate communications as needed
- Work with creative project manager and art director to manage timelines and workload, and actively prioritize as needed
- Manage, mentor and guide direct report
- Mutually inspire and challenge other creative team members
- Stay up-to-date on competitive landscape, Zipcar products and processes, and brand and consumer trends.
- Experience writing compelling and creative marketing materials, and ability to tell interesting, simple and engaging brand and product stories through copy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to brief and work with external partners, as well as creative counterparts, and communicate clearly the strategy and goal of communications
- Ability to showcase bold, creative concepts through copy
- Enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced, highly-entrepreneurial environment
- High EQ and strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive go-getter, and all-around good person
- Ability to work efficiently and on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines; able to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
- Experience working within (and desire to work with) a creative team, cross-functionally and with an agency partner
- Ability to be a self-starter, initiate projects and gain alignment proactively
- Able to translate business concepts and information into easy-to-understand communications
- Expert command of the English language (including spelling, grammar, punctuation)
- Ability to socialize and present creative work to cross-functional partners and senior leadership teams, and support direction and choices made with strategic rationale
- A minimum of 8-10 years of professional writing experience
- B.A. in Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience writing creative copy for consumer-facing print and digital
- Must have portfolio of recent work within last 5 years
- Experience working with a lifestyle brand that has multiple consumer targets a plus
More Jobs From