Lead Consultant/Mendix Developer (Customer Facing)
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprises digital future business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
In the Lead Consultant/Developer role you will lead high-end business solutions for our key customers. You will have the opportunity to work with outstanding talent in all facets of business innovation. You will have previous consultancy experience, and ideally come from a custom software development background, particularly using the agile methodology.
You will be hands-on, and play an intrinsic part of the development process for our customers using the Mendix platform. You will be responsible for the preparation and execution of multiple phases; through project planning, development and successful customer adoption. Communication throughout the project is crucial - you will be the "go-to" person for management updates to the customer, partners and within Mendix. As well as working with customers, you will be a catalyst to influencing the success of Mendix technology implementations, as well as driving adoption of our methodology.
- Become a Mendix expert to steer innovation within Mendix technology implementations
- Support customers, as well as partners, in enabling them to become self-sufficient with the Mendix platform
- Motivate clients with the values and principals of a scrum/agile led implementations with Mendix
- Train customers and partners to bring them to the next level
- Prepare and execute through project planning, development and successful customer adoption
- Work with customers and support our partners as a catalyst to influencing the success of Mendix technology implementations, as well as driving adoption of our methodology
- You are self-motivated, resourceful, and love finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- You get excited about and have proven track record for leading and delivering software projects or have worked within an organization that focused on software development
- You are a high-energy professional that loves to engage with the customer to drive innovation in their organization
- You have a good understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD and possibly Java, .Net - you don't have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely a pro
- You value the importance of diversity in the workplace
- You have 5 plus years of experience in technical implementations or consulting in a fast-growing Software as a Service (SaaS) business or related technology. Cloud industry knowledge is strongly preferred
- You earned a BA/BS in CS, MIS or Engineering
- You are comfortable with up to 70% national travel
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But youll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means were backed by the resources and stability of one of the worlds largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. Thats why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.