Lead Cloud Engineer
Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
The Lead Cloud Engineer will be responsible for automating cloud infrastructure maintenance, building new operational monitoring, alerting capabilities, implementing and maintaining cloud-developed engineering solutions. The ideal candidate will bring a consultant’s approach to supporting and interacting with key internal stakeholders.
- Standardize, build, and support a portfolio of reusable AWS cloud components, services and interfaces
- Apply a consultative approach in collaborating with internal customers (Engineering, R&D, Etc.)
- Automate cloud infrastructure maintenance.
- Enable DevOps solutions development & deployment paradigms.
- Develop point and strategic solutions using Amazon AWS platforms and embrace serverless design patterns where indicated.
- Provide enhanced operational support and sustained maintenance of deployed systems globally
- 3+ years experience with AWS foundational cloud services for storage, computation, event processing, messaging, data processing, and analytics.
- 3+ years of software development with object-oriented languages like Python, Java or C++ using SOA principles.
- Strong familiarity with Linux OS (Debian or Redhat)
- Solid experience of JSON, XML and related notational data representations.
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles, experience with operational tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, TerraForm, CloudFormation) and best practices for infrastructure and software deployment.
- 5+ years designing and building enterprise-level software solutions with a strong emphasis on scalability, availability and reliability in the cloud.
- Solid experience with RDBMS engines - Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL , DB2 etc
- Extensive knowledge about APIs, RESTful services and integration with Cloud data providers
- Experience acting in a consultant capacity for internal or external customers
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (Cassandra, MongoDB, Azure Tablestorage, AWS DynamoDB, etc) and unstructured data processing.
- Experience with traditional and cloud/iPaaS ETL tools like - Snaplogic, Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica, and Talend
- Some experience streaming data processing using facilities like Azure Stream Analytics, AWS Kinesis, AWS Firehose or similar technologies is highly desirable
- Knowledge of virtual networking
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
- AWS Certification is desirable
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.