Were looking for a great artist who loves leading a team as much as making stuff. Do you find yourself juggling multiple projects because people keep trying to add you to their team? Do people go to you first for questions or guidance? Have you figured out how to take raw assets and get them working in-engine? Are you a jack of all trades, master of some? Do you regularly put finishing touches on the teams output, just as often as you give art direction? Thats who were looking for - the accelerant that makes an art team go faster, run smoother, and deliver great looking art.
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work may be available for this role.
- Support an art team - provide guidance, encouragement, approvals, direction, and a good poke when necessary
- Make art for our games! From the first proofs-of-concept to performant, beautiful assets
- First-in on new projects, comfy working closely with engineering on art pipelines, methods, and tools
- Know a little bit about everything, be a little bit everywhere, catch mistakes before they happen
- Help interview and grow the art team
- Share your techniques and mentor folks
- Provide direction for external artists/teams
- Critique your own and others' work constructively, and raise our internal artistic bar
- 1+ shipped mobile title as Lead
- Leadership history on prior projects
- Excellent personal, written and oral communication skills
- Broad understanding of the many requirements and steps involved in delivering high quality game art
- Skilled with industry tools: Photoshop, Max/Maya, etc
- Experience working in game engines: Unreal, Unity, or equivalent
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates breadth of skill, styles, genres
- 5+ years game industry employment
- Must be eligible to work in United States
Preference to Applicants with:
- Traditional illustration/fine arts training
- Experience in mobile, console, and pc interface platforms
- 2+ shipped titles
- BFA (or higher)
- Love for games, and who play them regularly
- Outside interests!
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.