Lead Analyst, Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
The Lead Analyst of Search Engine Marketing will work cross-functionally within EverQuotes internal stakeholders, and serve as a lead analyst for all things SEM.
You will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and communicating results and insights to share within the organization. As we grow our business, it is instrumental that we understand user behavior as we work to drive conversion rates within our platform, and in turn, leverage that data to ensure we position our ads effectively, showing the right ads to the right users at the right times.
In this role, you will have a deep understanding of SEM, and leverage your knowledge of the space to take a step back and help contribute to the long term user strategy- from audience selection, to targeting, to the creative they receive. You are data driven at heart, leveraging core statistical principles to help us separate the signal from the noise, and ensure our decisions are backed with your analytical rigor.
- Act as the lead analyst to help contribute to the design of sustainable strategies for acquiring the right consumers at the right times to fuel our business
- Develop creatives and website workflow strategies that produce coherent user experience for SEM traffic
- Provide solid data to improve our understanding of how and why users interact with our ads and ultimately convert within our platform
- Optimize programs to drive both desktop and mobile site traffic and conversion
- Contribute to our SEM strategy, standards, and best practices and deliver insights on performance
- Track, report, and analyze results
- Work with and support development and product teams
- 3+ years of experience, ideally in a large high traffic organization
- Excellent communication and presentation, skills
- An analytical mind degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, related field OR demonstrated analytical and technical ability
- A proven track record of turning business problems into business solutions using data, automation, and statistics
- A strong ability to work cross-functionally on projects involving multiple stakeholders to completion on time and within spec
- Understanding of core statistical concepts, including Hypothesis Testing, confidence intervals probability distributions, time series analysis
- Practical knowledge of SQL, and experience using structured query language to extract data from databases, including joining tables when necessary
- Experience with analytical toolsets (e.g. R or Python)
- Previous experience with Search Engine Marketing advertising and Search Engine Marketing advertising platforms (e.g. Google AdWords, Bing Ads)
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data, with unmatched opportunity in the insurance vertical as we expand across new verticals and service offerings
- This role offers a highly unique learning and development opportunity
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock and a relaxed & flexible work environment