Lead Analyst, Advanced Analytics & Insights - Wayfair SEO
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair websites generate over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Storefront Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
The SEO team is responsible for optimizing our pages to make them more relevant to Search Engine Results Pages (think Google). Everyday people are searching for furniture or home improvement ideas online, it is our goal that those searches take them to a Wayfair page that wows our prospective customers. As part of the team, you will be answering ambiguous and open ended questions while defining the roadmap of SEO Analytics. No two days are the same where one day we might be investigating an algorithm change, the next we could be re-formulating our testing strategy. This position will be highly cross functional and collaborative. You will be working with product, design, engineering, data science, and merchandising to solve our business problems as well as technical analytical peers to help drive innovative ways to apply rigorous testing and investigation techniques to our already cutting-edge portfolio.
As the senior contributor leader for SEO Analytics, your goal is to unlock insights and guide the business everything from tactical site optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of analytical and experimentation experience, strong technical capability, business strategy and stakeholder management, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in Wayfairs web data. This position is responsible for analyzing and making data-driven recommendations to increase high quality SEO traffic while discovering new opportunities in emerging classes and search behavior.
This is an ideal opportunity for a high-performing individual contributor passionate about deepening their technical expertise, having increased responsibilities and impact on the businesss bottom line, and growing their career up the technical career ladder. The successful candidate will have excellent technical and analytical skills as well as the ability to present their data driven recommendations in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
What You'll Do
- Own and develop the strategic analytic agenda to unlock insights and guide the business.
- Work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, and creative design to leverage data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Leveraging your modeling skills, apply data science techniques to solve ambiguous problems.
- Bring your expertise in A/B testing to identify, design, execute, and analyze thoughtful tests to make high-impact changes to the site experience.
- Proactively monitor customer behavior on the site to identify potential issues, determine root causes, and resolve. Also requires knowledge of the overall site for indexing, when appropriate.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization.
- Be the go-to technical and analytical expert for junior analysts on the team.
- Provide leadership to corporate initiatives which requires the ability to work with executives and be a thought partner with the cross functional leadership team.
What You'll Need
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, economics, or other quantitative discipline; Masters preferred.
- 3+ years work experience in quantitative analytics, testing and/or predictive modeling. SEO experience, a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of a statistical programming language such as Python or R.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.).
- Experience in GBQ, a bonus.
- Experience applying data science techniques and partnering with business teams on agile model development.
- Experience conducting quantitative analyses on large and complex data sets.
- Expert at experimental test design including A/B testing; experience with multivariate and multi-armed bandit also preferred.
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau, PowerBI); experience with Looker a plus.
- Proficient at understanding, using, and explaining statistical techniques.
- Proficient at managing cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis.
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add and setting the analytics roadmap.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliver against aggressive goals.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.