We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Language Lead to join our team in Waltham, MA. Ideal Candidate will contribute to defining the best language strategy and actively participate in full project lifecycle up to final delivery and client review. The Language Lead will apply project experience on the account level.
- Analyzes source material to assess and manage linguistic requirements and terminology needs; makes recommendations on risks and contingencies; provides comprehensive support package to the vendors; communicates with linguists and project team regarding language matters; resolves linguistic issues and queries; tracks and analyzes language quality data. Provides input for post-project analysis.
- Helps on continuously expanding the pool of qualified resources.
- Drives development, implementation, and maintenance of linguistic assets, and the client review processes.
- May perform small linguistic tasks such as translation, editing, proofreading, linguistic testing, on an as-needed basis.
- Implements and maintains the linguistic quality assurance process throughout project and signs-off on the overall quality of final deliverables before shipping to client.
- Centralizes communication for the linguists on a specific project in one or more languages.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new technical skills, programs, and applications quickly, as well as to understand and assimilate complex technical information.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Linguistics, Translation or language-related domain.
- 3+ years of professional experience in translation or related field.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Native fluency in 1+ non-English language(s).
- Prompt written communication including, but not limited to, email and documentation.
- Prompt verbal communication including, but not limited to, telephone conversations.
- Sound knowledge and of localization workflows, terminology management, and CAT tools.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a multi-cultural and fast-paced environment, to work efficiently with remote teams and under tight deadlines.
- Accountability, ability to work with minimal supervision and to take ownership of his/her work and actions; reliable status reporting.
- Keen interest in Life Sciences and eagerness to learn industry-specific processes and requirements a must.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.