Language Engineer - Speech
Interested in joining a new team and from the ground up and building solutions with minimal legacy code? We are building the speech and language solutions for Wayfair products and services. As a Language Engineer in our Speech team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our speech recognition and natural language processing models.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate data collection efforts, including protocol design, developing training material, and scoping.
- Ensure quality of data collection by measuring accuracy and throughput
- Build statistical language models
- Write grammars and build FSTs
- Collaborate with other Language Engineers in data collection and feature design efforts
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers and business
What You'll Need
- Bachelors or higher degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years experience in computational linguistics, language data processing, semantics, or syntax
- Experience cleaning speech and language text data
- Experience working with speech and text language data in multiple languages
- Professional experience programming in Perl, Python, or another scripting language
- Professional or research experience with statistical language modeling
- Proven experience in writing grammars and building FSTs
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.