Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
The Strategic Accounts Manager is responsible for handling the most important customer accounts at Desktop Metal. A successful Strategic Accounts Manager must build and maintain strong relationships with strategic customers. They will be the lead point of contact for all key customer matters, anticipate customers needs, work within the company to ensure those needs are met, and help customers meet or exceed their additive manufacturing goals. The key account manager will bring in new business from existing customers as well as develop new relationships with potential customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a solid and trusting relationship between major key accounts and company
- Resolve key account issues and complaints
- Develop a complete understanding of key account needs
- Anticipate key account changes and improvements
- Manage communications between key accounts and internal teams
- Engage in strategic planning to improve customer results
- Negotiate contracts with the customer
- Collaborate with the channel sales team to maximize revenue by up-selling or cross-selling
- Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and for possible use in future case studies or company training
- Ensure Desktop Metal meets customer needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
- Analyze customer data to provide customer relationship management
- Expand relationships and bringing in new customers
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- In-depth understanding of company key customers and their position in the industry
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field; Masters degree preferred
- Four to five years+ previous work experience in sales, management, key account management, or relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
- Ability to manage multiple key accounts at the same time
- Proven results of delivering customer solutions and meeting sales goals
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.