829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. Our projects and team members have received recognition from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations and more. We're proud to be working with Stanley Black & Decker, OARS, Micato Safaris, Hilton Hotels, AOA Adventures, Leave No Trace and many more.
Were looking for a Junior Developer who will work closely alongside our in-house team to build and maintain large-scale, award-winning websites.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up initial builds, spin up servers, perform necessary configurations
- Help address various types of client requests ranging from bug fixes to functionality or feature enhancements for existing websites.
- Perform Q&A on sites in development
- Basic knowledge of popular CMS platforms such as WordPress and/or Drupal
- Ability to develop front end web sites and applications using HTML5, CSS3, SASS, PHP, and ES6
- Familiarity with a version control system (we use Git)
- Strong problem-solving skills (troubleshooting & research)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of web architecture, including HTTP servers, DNS routing and management, SSH, databases (SQL), and misc. hosting platforms
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as React, AngularJS, and/or Vue
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Build Scripts (Gulp, Webpack)
- eCommerce tools such as WooCommerce
- Experience in following Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience reading, deciphering and implementing third party REST APIs
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks and priorities within project deadlines
- Ongoing flexibility and willingness to learn a variety of tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.
- Free Lunch & Breakfast. We offer a fully paid family lunch and breakfast once per week.
More Jobs From