Junior Research Engineer, Machine Learning
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon’s Boston Development team is looking for a versatile and talented Junior Research Engineer to work in a multidisciplinary team of engineers with the goal of building the next generation of artificial intelligence solutions for Video Surveillance and Business Intelligence.
- Reproducing published algorithms in Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Assisting Research Engineers in prototyping and evaluating new algorithms in Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Collaborating with Software Development and QA teams on transitioning the prototypes to commercial products and services
- Background in Machine Learning and Computer Vision as well as experience using Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Caffe
- Ability to read, understand and present the latest publications
- Familiarity with Python or C++
- Advanced degree in relevant field: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Science
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Hands-on experience in SSD, Faster RCNN and Person Re-Identification
- Previous software development experience
- Contributions to research publications
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K match program, ESPP, social responsibility program, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, etc.