This isnt a conventional film and tv producing gig that ends after a few marathon days of shooting. As Wistias full-time Jr. Producer, youll be joining our creative team to help build a library of innovative business video content that will grow our audience. On a given day, you could be booking or coordinating on-camera talent, generating ideas for a new video series, editing a script, or even hosting your own show (yes in front of the camera). We are looking for a super creative individual who scoffs at the idea of only one hat.
- Find and coordinate on-camera talent. We need interesting and compelling guests to build and engage our audience. Youll help us find and book the right people, even if it means flexing your cold-calling muscles.
- New video series research and development. As we take a big step forward into the world of long-form original content, youll help us generate and refine ideas for shows, write outlines/scripts, and help bring creative ideas to life.
- Manage production logistics and get it done. Whether its pulling permits, ensuring the company knows the studio is off-limits during a shoot, location scouting, hunting down props - you are the type of person who can make it happen.
- You will always have multiple things going on at once while having to meet deadlines. You will have a system to ensure everything is on track and the necessary things are being completed by the time needed.
- Good writer. You will help us develop and script engaging content. Experience writing video content or sketch comedy is preferred.
- Production experience. Whether its experience working with branded content series, documentaries, reality tv or a movie, youll know what goes into turning concept into content.
- Basic understanding of the tools of the trade. Youll be using video and audio editing software, cinema cameras, and lighting and audio packages. You dont need to be an expert in all, but a level of comfort with each is required.
- Strong networking skills. Much of production relies on being able to find the right people at the right time. You must have experience developing and fostering professional relationships.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company were building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and enjoy your day-to-day at work! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park