At SimpliSafe we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless home security systemshome sensors, cameras, locks. Our technology and service platforms secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security. Protecting the families of our customers is a tremendous responsibility, so we need Junior Information Security Analysts to help standardize and maintain our security program.
As a Junior InfoSec Analyst, you will partner with the larger engineering organization to implement and configure real-time security countermeasures including IDS, DLP, and WAF. You will deepen your knowledge of security concepts as you develop and facilitate our security awareness training programs and partner with external auditors to collect and review evidence and certify our compliance against industry standards.
Do you want to focus on value-generating projects to help secure a rapidly growing business? Does crafting automated security strategies and backing them with policies and procedures appeal to you? Are you excited to flex your interpersonal skills to collaborate with teams and foster deeper organizational security awareness? If you answered yes to these questions, then please apply.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong interest in the compliance aspects of security and have a budding interest in developing their technical skills in IT, software development, application security, and/or penetration testing.
- Regularly draft policies and design corresponding procedures
- Implement the technical security measures necessary to support policies and prove compliance
- Identify appropriate IPS/IDS tooling and install/configure accordingly
- Deploy WAF in front of public-facing web applications and assist in the mitigation of other DDOS, brute-force, or MiTM attack vectors
- Standardize compliance-related log collection
- Teach and share knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and/or SANS Top 25
- Love building relationships with teammates across multiple functional business units
- Always vigilantly consider impact to business operations when identifying and implementing new security processes
- Willingly navigate ambiguity with humility, understanding, and a growth mindset
- Sharp attention to detail and strong writing and organizational skills
- Background in PCI and/or GDPR compliance is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From