EF Go Ahead Tours
NOTE: Applications without online portfolios will not be considered.
For over 30 years, EF Go Ahead Tours has guided adult travelers across the globe via carefully crafted group travel itineraries. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe the best way to learn about the world is to experience it and every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
- Have at least 1 year of professional experience at an agency, design firm or in-house creative group.
- Are capable of writing across many mediums and channels (from print to digital and beyond).
- Love the challenge of crafting a hooky headline, clever subject line, or a punchy social post as much as you do digging into a longer editorial piece.
- Have a mastery of grammar and a willingness to proofread and peer review work.
- Love to learn (and share) new things.
- Have an Ill figure it out attitude and approach.
- Are a positive pro-active problem solver.
- Get excited about tackling projects youve never done before.
- Are willing to jump in wherever and whenever the team needs.
- Put team above self.
- Look at every project, no matter its budget or scope or cool factor, as an opportunity.
- Prefer working in teams vs being the solo creative; we are a collaborative bunch.
- Cant stand drama. We believe that positive collaboration makes the best work and work environment.
- Are the in-house creative group for EF Go Ahead Tours. You can check out some of our work at efgoaheadtours.com, instagram.com/goaheadtours/ and youtube.com/goaheadtours
- Sit next to and partner directly with our marketing and technology partners (well now we just zoom), so that we can keep things nimble and eliminate the bureaucracy (we strive to make great work and get it out there for people to experienceinstead of having like 47 meetings about the work before it can go live).
- Can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house.
- Are flexible, scrappy, and dedicated to building the best travel brand out there. (We are really just getting started building this thing.)
- Have big ambitions and want to collaborate with people who are hungry, curious and relentless about results.
- Are a passionate crew that focuses on making great work and having fun doing it.
- Cant stand dramaalthough we do like dramas, have you seen that show on Netflix that everyone is talking about? No? Its pretty good, you should check it out.
- Are a touch weird...we like to think in a fun way but maybe its more like a fun way. (You be the judge.)
- At least half of our work is directly connected to our multi-channel integrated promos. The largest of which is our month-long Black Friday Sale that cuts across every part of the team and the business.
- 15%-ish centers around our content marketing efforts. Some of which can be seen here: https://www.goaheadtours.com/travel-blog as well as throughout our social channels. (tons of opportunity here!)
- Another 20% is made up of tactical blocking and tackling production work. (eg. tour updates, refreshing partnership content, updating group travel PDFs, etc).
- In addition, we also support some of our larger staff meetings and events with things like swag, presentation decks, event branding, etc. Honestly, this work is a ton of fun and gives us some interesting opportunities to push some boundaries and play with the brand a bit.
- The last bit of our work is around our awareness, earned media and brand activation efforts. At this point its a fairly small percentage of our day-to-day (maybe 5%) but it has some of the largest potential and opportunity moving forward and should only grow in 2021. This work, in particular, is what the person in this role would be a key part in concepting and creating and helping to drive forward.
The Perks (the very abbreviated list)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 4 weeks after your first year
- $1500 per employee for professional development/continued education per year
- All expenses paid international travel (at least 1 international trip a year)
- Travel discounts
- Free in-house language classes
- Annual team outings
- Apple Education Discounts
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.