About the Team
The Jr Data Analyst will be a member of the Business Insights team, which exists to provide Framework with a central hub of expertise and resources for evolving data and analytic decision-making needs. From data governance to data-driven decision making, the Business Insights team stewards the collection of data and delivery of key business insights.
About the Role
The Jr Data Analyst is a key member of a data-centric team that drives the creation, implementation, and evaluation of analytical solutions that are imperative to providing Framework customers and colleagues with state-of-the-art data insights. The Jr Data Analyst is responsible for overseeing the verification, data validation and documentation of data internally generated from key technological systems at Framework. In addition, the Jr Data Analyst leads efforts to share timely, relevant and concise data architecture related information to colleagues and teams across the organizations. With support of the Business Insights Manager and the Data Analyst, the Jr Data Analyst will help establish and maintain Frameworks data quality efforts across all systems including but not limited to Salesforce, ThinkingCap, MarketingCloud, Postgres, etc.
This role requires a commitment to developing understanding of Frameworks internal data environment while pursuing a curiosity for different opportunities to use that knowledge. The role requires fierce organization, unparalleled attention to detail and strong communication skills. A successful candidate will possess technical understanding of data management techniques, the ability to implement data quality best practices and the interest in growing their experience across data related work. In this role, you have the opportunity to get into the details while still thinking strategically about our general data management vision and needs.
The ideal candidate is motivated by top notch data quality, curious about inconsistencies, a deep analytical thinker and a process centered individual. They are comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment and envision themselves growing into resident experts in their fields. This is a position with great opportunity for professional development and growth.
This position reports to the Business Insights Manager and is located in Boston, MA.
What You'll Do
- Lead the development and maintenance of documentation (data dictionaries, Confluence pages, database diagrams, and more) related to Frameworks individual products and the companys ETL and business intelligence tools
- Manage and execute the process of data verification and data validation for Frameworks business intelligence tool
- Document relevant context for the data architecture of Frameworks key product systems such as our learning management system and the Keep web and mobile application
- Document relevant context for external data systems used by the Framework team such as the Google Play Store, iOS App Store, ZenDesk call system, Google Analytics, etc.
- Support colleagues in implementing data quality standards across the organization
- Collaborate with Frameworks Engineering and Information Systems teams to implement data quality initiatives
- Lend a helping hand in other business insights team initiatives such as training predictive analytics models or building reports and dashboards for business intelligence purposes
- Collaborate with operations team on knowledge management and training initiatives that involve data and analytics
- Provide consulting support to Framework colleagues regarding data management and data quality
What You'll Bring
- 13 years of recent experience with data management, data analysis, business analysis, or programming.
- Bachelors degree required; a concentration in data management, data science, computer science, information systems, or a related field is a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL programming and infrastructure is required. Programming and technology skills such as Python, R, SSIS development, or ETL maintenance are plusses.
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles, and understanding of data management techniques, are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. This includes: ability to work effectively with engineering and information systems partners to gain understanding of products data architecture, ability to communicate data quality needs with Product and leadership teams in a clear manner, to effectively influence a products data architecture and development process, and the ability to communicate with key business leads in a thorough, yet concise manner.
- Familiarity with agile methods such as scrum is a plus.
- You are not afraid of a constantly changing, somewhat unpredictable, fast-paced environment. Bonus: this excites you!
- Our vision inspires you!
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job requires the routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. It requires the ability to speak and hear in person, over the phone, and in settings where there are groups of people. Occasional travel is required, including overnight travel for up to four days at a time and travel via airplane.
About the Company
Framework is a startup social enterprise built on a simple idea: every homebuyer should have access to unbiased information about the mortgage process and feel knowledgeable about the responsibilities of owning a home throughout their homeownership journey. We are proudly pro-homeownership and believe its a uniquely accessible and powerful way for people to plant and grow seeds of generational wealth. We make it easier for people to do this by providing the tools we believe will lead people into homes that improve their quality of life, giving them the space to grow into their future, and gain value over time. Were dedicated to helping our customers make decisions with confidence, build wealth in their homes, and protect their investment for generations to come.
As we leverage the power of technology to strengthen communities one homeowner at a time, the individual contributions of our tight-knit team play a vital, daily role in shaping our products and services. Creative thinking, collaboration, and problem solving are at the core of the Framework culture, and were seeking team members with drive and creativity to add to the mix.
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet Frameworks changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.