Java Web Services Engineer
Desirable Skills: Docker, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Dropwizard
What are you about? You love learning new programming languages and paradigms. You’re eager to experiment with emerging technologies like artificial intelligence. You’re a solid Java engineer who would love to branch out into other realms like native mobile development. You thrive on variety and seek out new technical challenges often. You like having fun while solving difficult problems alongside smart coworkers. You hack on video games or contribute to open source in your free time. Your Github account speaks for itself, but you’re eager to speak about it, too.
Here’s what we’re about: Cantina is a strategic design and development agency. We accelerate an organization's ability to innovate, grow, and deliver better digital products and services. iOS apps? We build those. Android, too. Smart dog collars? Check. Virtual reality? We’re doing that. High-performance web services? For over a decade.
The role: Our consultants create quality bespoke software in small teams, while following best practices. You’ll work closely with other engineers, project managers, designers and our clients to define and implement digital experiences for web, mobile, and connected products.
- 3+ years professional experience in Java / Spring developing web services
- Familiarity with object oriented and functional programming
- Familiarity with microservices architecture patterns
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ready and willing to ramp up on the right tool for the job
- Be motivated to work collaboratively and over deliver
- Know how to identify project issues
- Must be open to working in Braintree
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for target bonus of up to 20% of base salary
Benefits and Perks
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision and disability
- Paid parental leave up to 6 weeks
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to 20 days per year