HealthEdge is looking for Java Software Engineer who is passionate about solving real-world business problems to join a newly forming team charged with building our new product in the Provider Data Management space. You will be working on the product from top to bottom while creating and enhancing capabilities in various modules. This hire will be a valuable member of the team participating in design discussions, performing coding on the back-end and will work with database and J2EE technologies. In this role, you will be responsible for performance tuning, addressing customer issues, and solving problems while working on unique assignments within the department.
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Java developer with a background in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). You will be responsible for design, implementation, and development within Java and you will be involved in all phases of software development, including requirements definition, design, architecture, development, testing, and integration to bring cutting-edge technologies to market.
What you will do:
- Implement new product features according to specific requirements while adhering to the highest professional development standards.
- Work as a back-end server engineer in an agile development team alongside other developers, PMs and QA engineers and participate in all phases of the development process.
- Design & develop application components in Java to maintain existing code and to create new services.
- Solve interesting technology and usability challenges on a daily basis.
- Ensure applications receive thorough unit, system, and integration testing.
- Provide solution support and troubleshooting following deployment.
- Promote agile principles and methodology.
- Contribute to the future direction and vision of the product suite, including new feature development and bug fixes.
What you bring:
- 4+ years Java programming experience.
- Ability to articulate your approach to problem-solving, architecture & design.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Hands-on development experience using Java, J2EE, Oracle, and web services.
- Experience with performance optimization and troubleshooting of Java applications.