Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
The IT team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to drive our strategic initiatives forwards while balancing the day-to-day needs to keep the lights on. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, an excellent communicator, and skilled at collaborating cross-functionally on large complex initiatives. Are you strategic, able to zoom out and see the big picture and business context, and deliver results? Were looking for you join our team and enable Benchlings to do their best work.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Drive all aspects of program management: planning, data gathering, analysis, communication, risk management and mitigation, status tracking and reporting, implementation, monitoring, execution, and adoption
- Lead and manage large-scale strategic projects through planning, development, launch, and user adoption
- Design new programs, processes, drive alignment and change management
- Build holistic plans incorporating dependencies, key deliverables and milestones, and risk mitigation to ensure a strong foundation for programs
- Develop strong partnerships with business and functional leaders to drive focus on strategic program business objectives and optimize program throughput
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices to create a robust, predictable, priority driven culture in an Agile environment
- 5+ years of program management experience with a proven track record of delivering business value
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and, problem solving skills
- A general fearlessness regarding the unknown, keen ability to focus and function effectively through ambiguity
- Strong experience with Agile and tuning the Agile process for a team
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.