SimpliSafe is currently looking for an IT Support Specialist. As our team continues to grow, you'll maintain excellent support for our business and employees in all things IT related.
Our Ideal candidate possesses
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to triage, and to re-prioritize on the fly when things come up
- Strong Mac skills: know your way around the fringe features of a Mac, be unafraid to work in the command line, and know multiple ways of solving a problem on a Mac
- Fundamental understanding of networking, wifi, and servers: we want to hear about any and all hands-on experience you have here
- The ability to maintain an even temperament 100% of the time: you must be cool & able to deliver under pressure, and always leave your users/customers happy
- A collaborative, thoughtful, friendly approach to customer service: as an IT engineer, you should aproach all end users' problems with an eagerness to help
- Willingness to pitch in, whether it is snaking cables through walls, fixing keyboards, ordering desk lamps, or building redundant email servers in Amazon Web Services (AWS) via Devops tools (i.e. Infrastructure as code - Ansible, Terraform, etc)
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow
For extra credit...
- Strong networking knowledge, i.e. significant hands-on experience (enterprise-level networking experience = awesome)
- Recent server configuration/administration experience
- Extensive experience working with 3rd-party vendors/services/carriers
- Linux experience, especially at the server level
- Strong Windows skills (we're a Mac shop, but Windows makes an appearance from time to time)
- Experience configuring and using OAuth or SAML authentication
Finally, we value non-traditional routes. If you think you're a good fit, but are concerned about having had a circuitous path to becoming qualified, we encourage you to apply.Please submit a cover letter with your application to explain where you are professionally and why this role would be a good fit.
More Jobs From