SimpliSafe is looking for an IT Support Specialist to provide top-notch technical support to our business and employees. Supported by our IT Manager, youll help keep our team working smoothly by solving problems of all sizes.
Our ideal candidate possesses
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to triage, and to re-prioritize on the fly when things come up.
- Strong Mac skills: you know your way around the fringe features of a mac, are unafraid to work on the command line, and know multiple ways of solving a problem on a Mac.
- Fundamental understanding of networking, wifi, and servers: we want to hear about any and all hands-on experience you have here.
- The ability to maintain an even temperament 100% of the time: youre cool & able to deliver under pressure, and always leave your users/customers happy.
- Collaborative, thoughtful, friendly approach to customer service: as an IT engineer, youre eager to help an end user in need, however difficult (or simple!) the problem might be.
- Willingness to pitch in, whether it is snaking cables through walls, fixing keyboards, ordering desk lamps, or building redundant email servers in Amazon Web Services (AWS) via Devops tools (i.e. Infrastructure as code - Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow
For extra credit...
- Recent server configuration/administration experience
- Significant experience working with 3rd-party vendors/services/carriers
- Linux experience, especially at the server level
- Strong Windows skills(we're a Mac shop, but Windows makes an appearance from time to time)
- Experience configuring and using OAuth or SAML authentication
Finally, we value non-traditional routes. If you think you're a good fit, but are concerned about having had a circuitous path to becoming qualified, we encourage you to apply. Please submit a cover letter with your application to explain where you are professionally and why this role would be a good fit.