We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We are looking for a highly motivated IT SOX Audit Manager who has a passion for internal auditing and continuous learning to join our Internal Audit and SOX team. The IT SOX Audit Manager take a lead role in planning, organizing, and executing SOX IT audits throughout the Company with guidance from the Sr. Director, SOX & IA. The Managers focus will be related to auditing the Information Systems environment including SOX general IT controls, with an emphasis on identifying and assisting management in minimizing the related risks, as well some exposure to operational IT audits and compliance work. The scope of activities include complex and global audits related to: system and web based applications, IT infrastructure, and information security.
In addition, the IT SOX Audit Manager will assist the IA department in its continued vision to become a digitally enabled audit function. The IT SOX Audit Manager will take a leadership role in expanding the use of information systems and technologies by the Internal Audit staff, increasing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit activities. The IT SOX Audit Manager will also provide strategic assistance in the development of integrated systems designed to help manage, and monitor potential areas of risk, from both a financial and operational perspective. The Manager will be responsible for helping, as needed, with other TripAdvisor finance and accounting initiatives that go beyond performing internal audits.
Given the speed of change the company can experience and complexity of the IT landscape, the Manager must be adaptable and able to manage learning new concepts and risks.
What You Will Do:
- Plan and perform SOX testing and ensure testing results are appropriately documented and communicated, including detail review of outsourcing partners execution of SOX procedures
- Proactively identify, share and discuss IT and business risks that have an impact on the SOX and potentially other IT and security work for respective areas assigned over the course of the year.
- Proactively identify opportunities for audit process automation through use of analytics and robotics process automation and partnering with different team members on executing digitization/automation.
- Update SOX documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls as new systems are developed and/or process changes
- Collaborate with the IA team and respective business managers to find new solutions to work more efficiently and effectively as a team.
- Oversee work of internal/consulting staff, including review of workpapers and ensuring adequate implementation of review notes.
- Provide guidance and support to junior staff in effort to improve on their individual skill set.
- Identify the root cause of specific problems, collaboratively work with relevant stakeholders in proposing recommendations and appropriate corrective actions to address any areas of concern.
- Apply information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a variety of technology settings, and assess the exposures from ineffective or missing SOX control practices
- Where applicable, identify opportunities and execute integrated audits jointly with the operational/process internal auditors, creating value-add internal control and business process improvement suggestions and recommendations, with emphasis on operational effectiveness, efficiency, and profit maximization.
- Provide the Senior Director of Internal Audit and other audit stakeholders with frequent status updates.
- Assist in coordinating activities between the external auditors and consultants in support of the annual SOX certification.
- Foster and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Proactively develop technical knowledge and sharing knowledge with team members.
- Have the flexibility to travel from 10-20% of the time, sometimes internationally.
What You Will Have:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business administration, management information systems or equivalent with a demonstrated high level of academic success.
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification such as CISA, CISSP is a plus.
- 5+ years of business experience in IT auditing (technology industry is preferred)
- Experience with similar internal audit roles in dynamic/complex organizations or with Big 4 audit firms highly preferred
- Experience with Data Analytics in performance of audits and working knowledge of respective analytics process automation tools (e.g. Alteryx) is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with complex IT systems, including Unix and AWS environments.
- Detailed understanding of COSO 2013 and internal controls over financial reporting.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; a curiosity and continuous learning mindset with ability to adapt behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Ability to understand and work within a fast-paced company and a complex technology environment.
- Organized, productive and detail oriented and able to work both independently and within teams.
- Ability to grasp issues of varying complexities in order to identify risks and opportunities to an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple audit projects and teams simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to aid management in developing and implementing new procedures and leading change.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.