IT Site Support Technician
Chewy is looking for a highly motivated IT Site Support Technician based in Boston, MA. The Chewy USA IT Site Support team provides world class tier 2 service and desk side support to all internal customers.
The IT Site Support team serves a fundamental role in providing and implementing solutions to computer and network problems. Responding to and resolving customer issues, problems and queries relating to IT systems used throughout the organization. Taking receipt of escalated service desk support requests (by telephone, email, written and in person) and troubleshooting them, documenting, analyzing and resolving these requests. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a vibrant, dynamic and successful IT team.
What you'll do:
Key responsibilities include troubleshooting intermediate to complex application and hardware issues; documentation, analysis and resolution of escalated help desk tickets; and working with both service desk and tier 3 engineers to quickly provide high quality solutions to IT problems. This will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment and issues including desktops, laptops, network connectivity, Windows and Mac software, and much more. In addition, you will also be assigned special projects in which you will get to research new technology and solve more complex problems.
- Ensure customers are 100% satisfied
- Quickly and professionally respond to second level technical support requests that come in via phone, e-mail, ticketing system and in person
- Document, track and monitor progress on issues to ensure timely resolution on current tickets and to reduce/eliminate future incidents
- Organize and coordinate activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade of software (Windows and OSX), hardware, voice/video and network facilities as it relates to the desktop environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve a variety of technical issues regarding networks, client/server systems, PCs, desktop application software, and peripheral devices; escalate issues as needed
- Coordinate with vendors on basic facility issues; including new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, network cable runs and desktop / cubicle moves.
- Take a proactive approach to providing immediate and long-term solutions to issues and anomalies
- Perform system upgrades, testing and deployment of functional and security patches
- Perform imaging of desktop and laptops using Microsoft SCCM
- Perform remote software installation and updates using JAMF
- Track and record assets and inventory following Chewys IT Asset Management Life Cycle
- Provide detailed documentation of all implementations, changes, and solutions resulting from desktop and application support activities
- Participate in 24/7 support and on-call rotation
- Must be available to work 10am 7pm, Monday to Friday
What you'll need:
- 3 - 5 years of experience providing technical support
- CompTIA A+ / CompTIA Network +
- ACMT, ACTC or ACSP preferred
- Strong experience supporting Apple computers in a Windows Active Directory environment
- Experience supporting mobile device hardware and software (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
- Experience using IT Service Management tools (Remedyforce, ServiceNow etc.)
- Strong customer service and client interfacing skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- ITIL certification
- MS certifications such as MCSE, MCSA, and MCITP
- JAMF Certification
- A bachelors degree in computer sciences or equivalent
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and SLA driven environment