Voatz: IT Operations Engineer
Voatz is a high-growth, venture-backed company based in Massachusetts USA. We are an eclectic, passionate group of people working to change democracy by changing the way the world votes.
Backed by military-grade security and cutting-edge technology, the Voatz mobile voting platform has been used by more than 70,000 voters across multiple elections, voting events and locations, with more in store for this year.
We're looking for an IT Operations Engineer to join our team and help us manage and scale up our infrastructure.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in IT as a security engineer or similar
- Expertise in intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Experience in disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- System administration, supporting multiple platforms and applications including DevOps
- Endpoint security solutions, including file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud platforms, setting up and configuring Linux virtual machines, load balancers, etc.
- Automating security testing tools
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, helpful and calm under pressure
- Proactive attitude, loves to work in a fast-paced environment where the tool set is continuously evolving
- General proficiency with Linux, MacOS, Windows, iOS and Android operating systems
What you'll be working on:
- Develop and carry out information security plans and policies
- Develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach
- Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats
- Awareness training for the team on information security standards, policies and best practices
- Coordinate with development team on installation and use of firewalls, data encryption and other security products and procedures
- Conduct periodic network scans to find any vulnerabilities
- Conduct penetration testing, simulating an attack on the system to find exploitable weaknesses
- Lead incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and conducting
- Full-time position
- Based in the Boston area
How to apply:
- Submit your CV
- Due to the volume of applicants, it is highly recommended that you submit a cover letter answering the following questions:
1.) What's your superpower?
2.) What interests you the most about Voatz and why are you best for the role?
3.) In three words, how would a colleague describe you?
Voatz is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From