Office Tour Photos
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a IT Network & Security Engineer for our Lexington, MA office.
The IT Engineer is responsible for participating in the design, deployment and support of the network and Security infrastructure architecture. This position is responsible for being a technical implementer and escalation point for certain aspects of our IT technology as well collaborating with the broader team to evaluate current infrastructure and designing technology opportunities that will enable a customer to be successful. Experience with the Microsoft back office portfolio of technologies and Cybersecurity related toolsets and frameworks. Individual contributor with proven breadth and depth of technical expertise, who participates in creating and maintaining complex technology systems
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design, install, configuration and maintenance of network and security systems
- Administers security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Maintains all network infrastructure devices such as routers, and switches
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution)
- Provisioning (IP assignment, network configuration, monitoring and graphing)
- Maintaining documentation of network and security systems
- Monitor, diagnose, and resolve complex network and computer system issues
- Management of system performance, capacity, service quality
- Lead initiatives for the optimization and restructuring of network architecture
- Job requires evening and weekend work. Some travel to be expected. Includes participation in an on-call rotation.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise network support and large-scale network operations
- Ability to structure and draft technical documentation
- Work well in a busy team, with ability to deal with a wide range of issues
- Self-motivated, Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly
- Experience with multiple vendor hardware platforms including Cisco, Arista, and Aruba
- Competent with IPS, IDS, authentication servers, patching systems
- Experience with Network Security and Email and Web Gateway tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of Layer2/3 technologies and protocols, including, RSTP, VLAN, VTP, ARP, OSPF, BGP
- Knowledge of application level protocols such as SNMP , FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem-solving abilities under pressure
- Solid understanding of enterprise network design, infrastructure, and operational best practices
- Ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environments with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively communicate technical problems and solutions to technical and non-technical individuals
- Willing to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups
More Jobs From