iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over 190 issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
iboss is seeking to supplement our team with a dynamic IT Manager. The IT Manager will primarily interact and support our internal teams and occasionally external clients. The IT Manager will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the form of decision making and strategy, assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, software and administration of various cloud solutions. Will respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
- Assist and lead a team of technical administrators in support of environments that are composed of Windows workstations and servers, Linux servers, Apple/Mac, various tools, and cloud platforms (O365)
- Provide technical assistance (via phone, email, or in person) and support for incoming helpdesk queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Capable of supporting assorted technology and platforms; including printing, wireless connectivity, computer peripherals; computing assets (hardware and software)
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), wireless, and other systems working understanding of network principles VPN, DNS, IP, subnetting, DHCP
- Maintain daily performance and capacity management/reporting of computer systems
- Ensure patching levels on corporate managed assets
- Manage security control requirements and reporting; including end point control deployments (AV), baseline hardening for systems and servers, Office 365 compliance initiatives
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help
- Walk customer through problem-solving process with a friendly, helpful, and positive attitude
- Maintain inventory for all hardware and software assets
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems, such as slowness, virus, malware, etc.
- Ensure service level agreements and key performance indicators for help desk support efficiency
- At least 5 year(s) supporting servers, network systems, PCs and Macs in a corporate environment
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including user management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Mac OS
- Knowledge and understanding of LAN/WAN
- Experience working with firewalls and switches
- Friendly and willingness to help with all computer-related issues
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability and desire to learn new hardware and software
- Familiar with basic peripherals such as telephones, wireless keyboards/mice, Bluetooth headsets, docking stations
- Process & detailed oriented
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Free catered lunch on Fridays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas