Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the day-to-day IT operations in our Boston and Ithaca offices, and for supporting remote work. You will report to the CTO, and be supported by an IT outsourcing vendor. Your responsibilities include provisioning, networking, and support desk vendor management. Embark is a cloud-native company so instead of servers and server rooms, you will be dealing with Mac and Windows personal computers (with MDM), our physical offices, and cloud services like GSuite and Office365.
As we are, once again, moving to larger offices in 2021, this is one of the most exciting times to join Embark!
What youll do:
- Guide the direction and vision for internal IT at Embark.
- Manage the relationship with our outsourced IT helpdesk.
- Design and execute our onboarding and offboarding IT processes ensuring efficient equipment ordering, accountability, and implementation of an employees IT needs.
- Design, install and maintain networking and communications technologies in our offices and for remote workers, including office broadband and wifi setups, building security, video conferencing, meeting room displays, displays for company dashboards etc.
- Ensuring day-to-day employee IT requests are handled efficiently, with a good balance of servicing employees properly while balancing costs and efficiencies of the IT organization.
- Manage the inventory and lifecycle processes for software and hardware, e.g. SaaS subscriptions, software licenses, computers, peripherals, printers, and other equipment.
- Provide and manage collaboration tools and systems to promote effective collaboration between the Boston, Ithaca, and remote staff.
- Ensure compliance with cybersecurity insurance requirements and other security best practices.
- Assist in 2021 office expansion in Boston, and future office moves/expansions.
What experience were looking for:
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to make a difference.
- You have great prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- You keep things in perspective based on business needs and risk.
- Strong familiarity with administering Mac and Windows operating systems including managing them with MDM and secure custom OS images
- Strong understanding of networking configuration including routers, firewalls, WAPs, SANs, intranets and VPNs
- Strong understanding of IT security
- Experience managing GSuite applications for >100 users
- Experience integrating office networks and remote workers with resources in AWS is a plus
- Experience with SSO providers (e.g., OKTA) is a plus
- A customer-centric approach to providing services to our internal employees, balancing employee requests and needs with reason, and proactively communicating with key stakeholders.
What we can offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.