We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is seeking an upcoming college graduate to join the Internal Audit team as an IT Auditor. In a fast-paced environment, the IT Auditor will work with the IT Audit Manager in planning, organizing, and executing IT audits throughout the Company (including IT system reviews, security and privacy assessments, financial, operational, compliance, and internal controls). Entities reviewed will include Corporate and subsidiary business unit locations. Overall, the IT Auditor is responsible for leveraging their technology audit skills to help assess and evaluate controls over the corporate-wide systems infrastructure and applications environments in support of the Companys businesses.
Given the range of potential projects and audits, the IT Auditor must be hard working, adaptable and eager to learn new concepts, risks, and tools. The IT Auditor will build a strong understanding of the organization and develop a comprehensive understanding of the audit process. The IT Auditor will also support SOX controls testing, as needed.
- Obtain understanding of the business areas and information systems, assist in performance of IT risk assessments and evaluating critical business and IT processes
- Execute audit test plans based on defined scope and set of requirements and document audit effort and results with oversight from the IT Audit Manager
- Draft Internal Audit reports and participate in closing meetings with management
- Aid in monitoring the progress of management action plans resulting from past audits
- Maintain working knowledge of cybersecurity trends and developments in data privacy regulations
- Other general audit projects and SOX work as assigned
- Bachelors degree in accounting, computer science, management information systems, information systems audit and control or equivalent with a demonstrated high level of academic success
- Basic knowledge of information security standards and applicable laws and regulations
- Basic knowledge of auditing techniques and standards
- Basic knowledge of analytics concepts
- Highly skilled in MS Excel and MS Word
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Effective analytical and communication skills
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Ability to understand and work within a growing company and a complex technology environment
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of audit and project management techniques, while delivering high quality, value driven work products in a timely manner
- Organized, productive and detail oriented with an ability to work independently
- Ability to meet designated deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment